Sunday, February 2, 2014

Returning to the Past

I was so busy working on other projects, I only managed a couple of days on the Needle Treasures Winter White Tree Skirt, which I've had for a couple of years. Last night I took it out of the package and worked on it as I have off and on for a week in January. I'm pleased with the results since I am done with one full section, minus the silver braid which I won't add until all the other stitching is done. Makes the fabric too stiff to work with. I had the same problem with the Winter White Xmas stockings I did for my granddaughters. Live and learn.




This is the finished tree skirt. Looks lovely. A quilted deep blue background with gold stars would be appropriate, if I can find one. Alternatively, I'll buy the right fabric and quilt it myself when I finish the skirt.




The work in the middle section is one sheet of the pattern. There are a couple of stitches missing, but I'll fill in those as I work on section C of the pattern. It's even pretty with just this much done, and the magnolias have not even been back stitched.

Not too shabby for so little time. I might even finish it this year. Pick up a project you've put aside for a while and work on that this year. I've no more stockings to make for grandchildren, so I have lots of time to work on this. There is still the Japanese Maiden to finish, but I need a break from all the back stitching, of which there is still a ton to do.

I also made two birthday cards, or rather stitched the inserts for 2 birthday cards. When the rest of the elements get here, I'll put the last flourishes on the last card and send it off in time for the birthday celebration. One thing I didn't realize is how far I've tripped over into card making, which is an offshoot of scrapbooking. My goodness, but what a lot of equipment and dies and templates and flourishes and embellishments and, well, cost, involved. It took me over 20 years to amass my cross stitch stash. Scrapbooking would be too much for my meager budget. As Little Orphan Annie would say, "Gloriosky!"

In the meantime, happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment