Sunday, September 15, 2013

Anniversary on time for celebration

I decided I would finish the anniversary piece for my aunt and uncle. I was so excited when I neared the last few motifs of the larger border.






Then it was finished.





I began debating whether or not to stitch the smaller outer border, put in a few stitches and pondered it. Maybe? Maybe not? Could be. All right, I'll go for it.





After ripping out the last third because I didn't notice the changes in the center, I patiently stitched while looking at the pattern to make sure I got it all right.





Moving on, the final border began to take shape designs on top and bottom different than the sides and the corners all the same.





And then it was finished, the year stitched into the center, and a great sigh of relief that this project with its repeating designs and single colors, Celtic knots, and slender repeating border was completed and ready for the final stages: wash, dry, iron, and frame. I think I'll meet my October 22nd deadline.

I was enthusiastic at first, got frustrated several times when I got mixed up on which motif I was stitching, ripping out sections and doing them right, and even taking a break with a smaller project, but I stitched the whole piece in less a week (5 days to be exact). I'll keep the pattern, but may not try this again. Then again....

Happy stitching

2 comments:

  1. Really turned out pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful.

    Are you near any of the flooding?

    ReplyDelete