Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Backstitching the Bride

I thought I'd share how far I've come in the backstitching for the Japanese Maiden and how much of a difference it makes.

What looked muddy and off color to me when I stitched it now looks much more beautiful with the back stitching. I am amazed at how she is turning out and how lovely the gold threaded stitches look.

The backstitching makes such a difference. The bride is much more prominent against the background and the cranes on her kimono are more vibrant as well.

It is difficult to see the gleam of the gold thread in the designs on the hat. Looks much better in person. Maybe when it is framed it will be more obvious in a photo, but I think I'll have to get a special lens and better camera skills to make that possible. Trust me; it looks beautiful in person.

I should finish by February and I am very pleased with the work so far. A few more days of stitching and she will be a fait accompli. That's a good thing.

Don't forget to click on the pictures to see them up close. Happy stitching

1 comment:

  1. Your Japanese Maiden is really gorgeous! The stockings and King Tut are amazing too. Thanks for visiting my blog but you have noreply-comment so I couldn't reply by email. I've used Kreinik and DMC glow-in-the-dark and the DMC is totally different. Give it a try some time!

    ReplyDelete