Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The End At Last

It took me about 6 months to finish this project and it is finally done. I will add that I didn't work on it every day of the past 6 months, sometimes setting it aside to work on other projects, sometimes a month at a time, but I did start about 6 months ago.

The best part about this is that it turned out good . . . even if I did have to rip out several sections because I mistook the color for one symbol for another (the symbols were very much alike) and because I got off count a time or 500 (okay, not really 500 times, but it seemed like it at times). It is finally done and I am quite proud of it.

The finished piece is hanging on the back of my rather large desk chair and needs to be washed, ironed (on the back only and with a pressing cloth), mounted, and framed. I'd say it's about 18 x 26 or possibly 30 inches in size.

Voila!

The finished swan. You can almost see the Joadoor signature at the bottom.




 As always, click on the pictures to get the full view. I'll post more pictures when it is framed and ready to hang . . . and maybe after it is hung. 










A better idea of the size. That is part of the window in the background, as well as my desk, and the chair. The swan is quite large.

Now what I need to do is design a black swan facing this swan in the same size as a match.

The triangles inside the rectangle is the signature of Joadoor, who is actually two Dutch artists whose names combined become Joadoor. I did a leopard/cheetah seen a year or so ago on this blog (search back through the archives), which was my introduction to Joadoor's art work. I do enjoy the style and the workmanship, and especially the backgrounds for each piece of Joadoor's work.



At any rate, I am done with this one, except for the necessary steps to frame it and hang it on the living room wall. There's something about swans that has always pleased me. Maybe it was Hans Christian Anderson's story, The Ugly Duckling, or maybe it is the supreme calm and grace of the birds when flying or gliding on water that speaks to me. Whatever it is, this is one piece I will look forward to seeing whenever I go into the living room.

If not a black swan, maybe a crane about the same size as a companion piece. I wonder....

That is all. Disperse.

No comments:

Post a Comment