Friday, August 31, 2012

Not so quick quickie

I like doing simple projects while working on bigger projects, like Teresa Wentzler's Mermaid or the Xmas stockings I've returned to finish. One such project was the harvest sampler I found in the September issue of a cross-stitch magazine I take.

I was immediately struck by the simplicity and artfulness of the design and thought it would be a perfect weekend project. It wasn't. I just finished it this week after having had to rip out two whole sections. The effort wasn't wasted and the end result is worth it.

Harvest Sampler 2012



September section



October section


As you can see, there are only 2 colors and the design is mainly back stitching with a few areas of cross stitch, which is why I thought it would be quickly done. Not so. The design is a little more complicated than that and keeping on count in the right row is very important, as it is in any cross stitch project. 

I did get it finished and now all I need to do is figure out to whom it goes and whether to frame it or place it in a serving tray. What do you think? 



1 comment: