Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tireless Tree Skirt

I've been recuperating from my nasty fall and have only recently been able to work on the tree skirt. I have managed some progress.

It continues to amaze me just how big this thing actually is. Working on each section hasn't given me any real idea of its size, but I'm sure how big it is now since I unrolled it and tried to take a picture. I think next time I'll hang it on the wall to get the fullest view. For now, here is where I am. 


This is the lower part of the tree skirt with the addition.




Here is what I've managed so far. From about the last quarter of the bow in the center to the right is all new. I'm almost done with the latest section.

This is more than a yard of fabric (45 x 45) and the finished piece will be 40" x 40", so it is a considerably large tree skirt that will require at least a 6-foot tree. Better start saving now so I can afford it, although finding a place to put it will be yet another challenge. Maybe I can get rid of the furniture and place it in the center of the living room. Too early to say.

Happy stitching.




No comments:

Post a Comment