Monday, January 20, 2014

Finishes: Big and Small

I didn't plan on posting any more pictures of the Japanese Maiden until she was all stitched, but I couldn't resist. After a couple weekends of stitching, I finally have the maiden finished. Well, except for 2 stitches in her ring. I discovered she is a Japanese bride. She is quite lovely and I'm proud of her. All that is left is the outside border and most of the back stitching and then off to the framers. I did wonder about leaving off the outside border and having her framed as a round, but that didn't occur to me until after I had stitched the left side of the border. Too late and I'm not about to rip it all out either.

A few more stitches to go.

She's all there now, and so is some of the right hand border. She is quite beautiful and I'm proud of myself. She's getting there.

It always seems such a surprise when I get to the point where a project is nearly done. I remember the blank canvas and the first few stitches and how long a road it looks from that point, but I always get there. She is quite simply a marvel and I stitched it all.

Happy stitching. From small beginnings come big finishes -- and the biggest finish is yet to come.

Don't forget to click on the pictures to make them bigger.


1 comment: