Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Just Nan Gingerbread and Jingle Mice

Though I've seen the little mice, owls, and birds, I really didn't think it would be something I'd do, but here I am having finished 2 gingerbread mice. They are meant to be ornaments and they are this year's ornaments to myself.

I chose 32-count opalescent raw Belfast linen instead of the almond or raw linen suggested, adding a bit of glisten to the fabric. The Kreinik #4 very fine braid (002L) added even more glimmer and it goes well with the material. Putting the mice together was new for me but went quickly. It took 3 days to make these 2 charming little mice (1 day each of stitching and a couple of hours to sew, stuff, and finish). They will hang on my Xmas tree in 2014.

Gingerbread and Jingle Mice

Just to show how small these are, I've set them next to a packet of cross stitch needles.





Jingle mouse after stitching.

Gingerbread mouse after stitching.



The faint blue lines is from a water soluble marker so I know where to cut. Jingle Mouse.




 Gingerbread mouse again, same deal with the marker.

Finished sewing and showing off. They are really tiny.




Everyone likes close-ups.

Last but not least, another close-up.

I stitched these as an experiment. I had to restitch one of the mice twice because I didn't get the seams straight. Reminds of of stockings with seams you needed to get straight so you didn't look lazy or unkempt. Mostly lazy. They are finished and ready to hang, although I think I'll tighten up the hanger on the Jingle Mouse.

This was fun, but I doubt I need to repeat this experiment. In the meantime, Happy New Year and happy stitching.



1 comment:

  1. What a cool project, Jackie!

    I wish you a wonderful new year filled with writerly success!

    Hugz, Justine

    ReplyDelete