Wednesday, October 16, 2013

HalloXmas Stocking

I pondered this idea for a while before I finally came up with a way to make it work. That is making a Xmas stocking with a zombie theme. I wanted something that was still Christmasy and adding zombie elements.

This is the first stocking and the way I worked around the problem. Xmas tree with large ornaments depicting acts of zombie horror. What could be better? I hope.

 I've begun the outside elements. More branches and ornament hangers will be added. Snowflakes will be stitched on and inside each lovely looking ornament will be some sort of zombie horror. The perfect marriage of horror and sweet. Don't you think?



I used one of Dimension Gold's stocking patterns for the basis of my Xmas theme. It's coming along nicely. I have deleted some of the elements obviously, like the inside of the ornaments, which were holiday scenes, and will add the scenes -- or decomposing body parts -- of my design. This was actually fun.

Still haven't decided which one of my evil ideas I'll use for the other HalloXmas stocking, but I'm getting there. I haven't drawn anything in years and I've never designed a cross stitch pattern from scratch. I'm doing it in stages so I don't get design lash. Like whiplash only messier.

Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment