Friday, December 20, 2013

Zombie Stockings

Well, I'm getting down to the wire, but it looks like I'll make it -- as long as I send the stockings next day instead or Priority Mail, which isn't much of a priority and takes a week instead of 1-2 days even when sending it two states away. Go figure.

I finished my granddaughters' stockings and they have been delivered and are ready to hang Xmas Eve, so now all I need to do is finish a friends' boys' stockings and get them out by Monday -- Next Day of course. Don't forget to click on the photos to make them bigger.

Those glowy greenish ornaments actually do glow in the dark. They're from Kreinik's Halloween line of blending filaments. They really do glow in the dark.

Why, yes that is a severed finger hanging from the top of the tree and it glows in the dark too.

Yes, that black dog on the left actually is standing on a human brain, or at least my idea of a brain that goes with the same style of design as the rest of the stocking, and the squirrels are fighting over a zombie hand coming out of the dirt. It is after all an outdoor xmas tree for the animals and they always like a little fresh -- or even rotten -- meat.

Dylan's stocking has been more of a challenge. I finally figured our how to finish Miss Zombie 2013 and I designed as I stitched.

The skull looks rather nice I think, especially since I added some Kreinik black blending filament that shimmers in just the right shade of black. I think it works.



The last ornament is still unstitched, but I've narrowed the choices down to two. I'll decide which one works best and put it in there tonight. I love the mix of mistletoe and holly berries and greenery and I think the whole thing works -- well, as well as any zombie Xmas themed stocking can work. Adjustments have been made but I'm mostly happy with them.

In the meantime, try something new, stretch yourself, and happy stitching.


1 comment: