Monday, January 13, 2014

Returning to Japan

After all the Christmas madness, I decided to return to an old friend. That is what Dimensions Gold Japanese Maiden seems like to me. I have stitched on her off and on over the past year and it sometimes seems like so much longer. Doesn't matter because I got into the groove quickly.

This is where I was when I left off in September. It doesn't seem like so much now.

Here is the latest progress. There is so much more there there. I'm pleased with what a couple of days will do.

The obligatory close-up of what was actually done.

Close-up of the face. I decided to back stitch the face a little. Took me three tries to get the mouth right, but I'm finally satisfied with it. I may have to redo the right eyebrow, but she looks so different with the lines stitched in. Gives her more personality and brings together the different elements and colors of the face.

I often break up long works by doing something else, lately a small project like the Gingerbread and Jingle mice, but also by going back to other longer works. I had to rip out a couple of sections, other than the back stitching around the mouth, but I'm pleased with the results and that is all that matters.

In the meantime, happy stitching.



No comments:

Post a Comment