Sunday, November 10, 2013

Brittercup Stockings with a twist

I finished my granddaughter's stocking yesterday. I haven't had a chance to work on it since last Saturday, so it is nice to have the stitching all done. Since I had more time, I decided to begin her sister's stocking, but changed some of the colors. Now I think I should have gone with a darker background to make the white cat visible, but it is visible when seen in person. I used Rainbow Gallery white Wisper thread which is an angora blend and the ornaments are in shades of pink, my other granddaughter's favorite color.  Lots to go yet but it will be finished by next weekend.


This is where I got to a week ago Friday. Not bad for a night of insomnia and needing something to do with my hands.




The finish as of yesterday afternoon while watching Damnation Alley.



That ghostly cat figure at the top of the tree is a cat done in Rainbow Gallery white Wisper thread. It looks much better and much fuzzier in person.

Not too bad for a few days of work and I'll have the last stocking done by next weekend for certain. I may even add a bit of metallic blending filament to some of the pink ornaments for a bit of sparkle and dash.

Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment