Thursday, October 3, 2013

Moving Along with the Maiden

It has been a while since I posted anything, but especially since I updated my Japanese Maiden. Not here though because I've been stitching (and frogging) away. I'm amazed at how well it is coming, although I worry I won't have enough thread to finish, which is why I prefer buying patterns and using my own thread. DMC of course.

About 3/4 finished right now, not including back stitching, which will take a while since there are a lot of elements to outline. I am always surprised when the amorphous look of some elements become clearer and more beautiful as a simple dark thread is added around the outside and inside to create such pretty effects. 

That is all for today. I decided to leave details to the last. This is my last unfinished project waiting to be finished, but I have started another. Baba Yaga on her pestle in front of her house with its chicken legs with her broom and cat, although I always thought she used a mortar to drive herself along while she sat in her pestle. Details, details. 

Happy stitching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment