Sunday, February 9, 2014

Not Even Halfway Finished

I don't think I realized how big this tree skirt actually will be until I unrolled it last night to check on my current progress. Wow! It is much bigger than I thought and I am not even halfway finished. I do love the way it looks thought and that's even without all the silver braid for the ornaments and ribbon and blending filament for the snowflakes that goes with it.

A friend of mine said the tree skirt is  ambitious. She may be right. As I told her, I hope, as Gram always said, my eyes aren't too big for my stomach.






It is pretty though and I'm determined to get it done this year. Now I wonder if I'll get anything else done since I'm stitching this. Time will tell.

It's good to stretch a bit outside your comfort zone to reach a little bit more skill, experience, and ambition. Other large tasks will be less daunting.

Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment