Friday, February 7, 2014

Celebrations

Since I am sending a picture of my brand new composite birthday card to a friend for advice, I thought I'd share it here.

I made one cross stitch card for my closest friend for her birthday, but I decided the card I made for my sister needed something more. That's when I stumbled into scrapbooking and card making and all the embellishments and doodads available. Not wanting to take too deep a plunge, I chose three simple elements and just finished adding them. What do you think?

My sister hates pink, but it goes with the roses. Maybe the banner at the top is too much -- or at least too many. I'll do better next time.

As for the other element of celebration, what would Xmas be without a tree -- or a tree skirt. I've put in some more time stitching and have made some progress.

Not too shabby, especially since I've added more since this picture was taken a couple of days ago. The stitching moves forward. It's a beginning.

What projects are keeping you busy these days? Share them.

And Happy Stitching.


2 comments:

  1. I'm just trying to keep body and soul together for the livestock in the crazy weather. Next project is likely going to be building a top-bar beehive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the card is beautiful. Wonderful progress on the tree skirt.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete