Sunday, August 11, 2013

Last Stocking Done

Well, after a very long night (I couldn't sleep), the stocking is done. As nice as it looks -- and I still have to cut it out, attach backing and hanger, and line it -- I am glad the project is over.

I don't know about you, but when a project seems to take forever, I get antsy. I want to move on to the next project. Here's the finished results.


There were more trees but I decided they didn't add all that much, so some of them are missing. I like a less cluttered landscape.

 
The cardinals now have eyes and grass sprang up over night, but not without a considerable effort on my part. Who knew grass could be so time consuming?


Those funny little dots beneath the bow and hanging over the pine cones and at the side are beads, fairly good sized gold glass beads. They add a bit of depth to offset the gold wire around the red ribbon and on the name.






 I wasn't happy with the name the first time around and not too happy this morning with the N, so it was time to remove the stitching and start over. I think I finally managed to get the lettering to look better, but not perfect. Well, it's not an exact science and materials handle differently when fatigue is part of the mix. I'm happy enough with it that I won't rip it out again.

I am finished. My grandson will get his stocking for Xmas and I hope he likes it.

Happy stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment