Sunday, November 17, 2013

Britty Kitty and Puppy Stitching Done

The last stitch was put in my granddaughter's Britty Kitty stocking yesterday and I feel a little at loose ends. I'll go back and finish the zombie Xmas stockings and have them done in plenty of time. Since I made some changes to the original design of the Britty Kitty stocking by using different threads (Flower thread, Rainbow Gallery white Wisper, and Kreinik blending filament and #4 braid), I feel much more confident in changing more of the design to include zombie head ornaments with the puppies. It will be a challenge, but it's one I now feel more equal to accomplishing.

The kitties are stitched and the ornaments look so pretty sparkling in the light shining on the Kreinik blending filament and braid.

The puppies were finished last week and they're ready to be attached to the backing and lining and will soon be ready to hang at the fireplace full of goodies and presents. I've already sent 6 beginning cross-stitch ornaments for the girls to try, hoping they will learn from the stockings that beauty is possible with needle and thread.

I need to find the perfect backing, but the sewing will be quick and easy. I recommend both designs for stockings for your favorite kids. They can be ready in a week or two, even if you have someone else put them together for you.

Happy stitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment