Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Little Progress

I have made some progress on the Illuminated Manuscript. I found that by doing some of the back stitching and putting in the Latin words it helped me to figure out where to the put the notes and some of the flowers.

I know the old stitch, back stitch, add embellishments formula and have followed it forever, at least until I did some Sweetheart Tree teenies. Embellishments, like beads, treasures, etc., were put in while stitching and back stitching was also done during the process. I decided to do that here with some pretty good results and a few changes. So here we go.


I've concentrated on doing the bottom half. Lots of gold and all those bits of color here and there are flowers with a few animals thrown in. 

 
I love the little dragonfly on the left hand side, but the bird and squirrel are also adorable.

Don't be afraid to change the routine you use. Shake things up a bit and try new things. It's worth the effort.

Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment