Sunday, August 18, 2013

Illuminating a manuscript

This is where I began yesterday. I decided to do some more work on part 2 of the Illuminated Manuscript from Cross Stitch & Country Crafts nearly 20 years ago. This is the second part of the design, or at least another illuminated manuscript which can be joined with the first part to make a pillow. I prefer the designs separately but with coordinating tarnished gold frames.

This is after today's stitching session. The illuminated letter is a C and begins the next section of the canto, or song, that is part of the design. This project takes a lot of Kreinik gold 002 blending filament and I wish you could see how it sparkles. The fabric is ivory, but looks white with a blue tinge because of the program I use to fix my lack of photography experience.

This will be about half again as big with animals and gold designs all around the outside. As I work with the blending filament, I have learned how to make the designs sharper. That's all part of the learning curve and having done this project before. I think the colors are brighter and the fabric a bit thicker than before, but even colors and fabrics have changed over the past 20 years.

In the end, it's all about enjoying yourself and doing those projects that will either make good gifts or simply satisfy that creative urge.

Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment