Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Relaxing stitching

I've been fairly busy with the new house, but I have taken the time to relax. My favorite way to relax is to cross stitch. Joadoor's Swan and Lanarte's Eastern Beauty. I do think of her as an Arab beauty since she is obviously Middle Eastern and the Middle East reminds me of Arabs. I would daresay a Persian Beauty. I'm also working on 2 smaller pieces, Dimensions Gold Geisha and Lanarte called Arabian Woman, another of Lanarte's Cultures Collection. I would love to own and stitch them all. They are quite fascinating and prove Marco Polo's point when he told Kubla Khan that every country on the world boasts women who are beautiful in their own way when asked which country had the most beautiful women.

At any rate, here is the nearly completed Eastern Beauty from Lanarte and it is a haunting piece. I'll post the finished piece once I've stitched all the remaining bits and bobs and added the metallic silver threads. Don't forget to click on the picture to make it bigger.

Happy stitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment